Eligible buyers can support a diverse range of suppliers through the following NSW Government initiatives:
- Engage Aboriginal owned businesses for goods and services in line with the Aboriginal Procurement Policy, or manage or assist with construction projects related to the Aboriginal Participation in Construction policy. Below are links to the databases of Aboriginal owned businesses that are registered with appropriate organisations, as per the 2013-04 Board Direction:
Apprentices in construction
- Support companies that provide construction apprenticeships.
Australian disability enterprises
- Find out how to buy goods and services from Australian disability enterprises.
- Read up on how to engage regionally-based enterprises.
Small to medium enterprises and regional suppliers
- Engage SME’s and regional suppliers for goods and services in line with the SME and Regional Procurement Policy.
- Log in to NSW eTendering or buy.nsw to search for small to medium businesses.
- Read up on procuring environmentally sustainable goods and services
- Find out more about the different kinds of procurement sustainability and how to make a difference.
For more information, please contact the NSW Procurement Service Centre.