Priority category management plans have been developed as part of the procurement reform Strategic Direction 3: Effective category management across Government.
The summaries of these plans are listed below. They provide a high level understanding about the NSW Government’s approach to procurement in each of the seven categories.
- Construction procurement strategy synopsis
- Contingent workforce category management plan synopsis
Relates to all government expenditure on contingent labour and prequalification scheme
- Energy category management plan synopsis
Focuses on consumption and risk management, and dynamic sourcing of electricity
- Facilities management category management plan synopsis
Provides key opportunities for government to deliver sustainable improvements and benefits within the facilities management category
- ICT category management plan synopsis
Focuses on transition to Procure IT Version 3.1 and transition to “as-a-service” offerings
- Professional services (business advisory) category management plan synopsis
Promoting greater diversity within the professional services sector
- Travel category management plan synopsis
Promoting efficiencies through one-stop shop and single form of payment for travel services