Eligible buyers can support a diverse range of suppliers through the following NSW Government initiatives:
- use the NSW Indigenous Chamber of Commerce directory to find goods and services supplied by Aboriginal businesses
- read the policy on using Aboriginal businesses in the 2013-04 Board Direction
- support Aboriginal participation in construction.
Apprentices in construction
- support companies that provide construction apprenticeships.
Australian disability enterprises
- find out how to buy goods and services from Australian disability enterprises.
- read up on how to engage regionally-based enterprises.
Small to medium enterprises
- find all you need to know about supporting local businesses through the small to medium enterprise policy framework
- log in to the NSW eTendering website to search for small to medium businesses.
- read up on procuring environmentally sustainable goods and services
- find out more about the different kinds of procurement sustainability and how to make a difference.
For more information, please contact the NSW Procurement Service Centre.