Prequalification schemes help agencies find suppliers prequalified to work with government.
Guidelines and rules manage the risks for each scheme. As risk increases, so does the level of assessment criteria.
Schemes can cover an wire range of services and goods. They may be broken down into specific categories or capabilities. Suppliers can be accepted onto more than one category, once they have met the requirements for the scheme.
All suppliers seeking acceptance onto a prequalification scheme need to first register their business on NSW eTendering.
Online registration is not required for the Financial assessment services scheme.
Current prequalification schemes
See the list of all NSW Government prequalification schemes.
Establishing a new prequalification scheme
Agencies considering creating a new prequalification scheme should refer to the prequalification scheme planning guide.
Application process for suppliers
Suppliers complete the online application form, upload any required certification, select the capabilities for which they can provide services, and pre-agree the standard terms and conditions.
Their application goes through an approval process. Suppliers are notified of the outcome.
Once accepted onto a scheme, suppliers will then only need to agree on a formal scope of works and price with an agency.
Benefits of prequalification schemes
Each prequalification scheme provides a range of specific benefits and these include:
- access to panels of a wider range of expert resources that can assist in development of business cases and project quality assurance reports
- streamlined competitive tendering processes by accessing prequalified suppliers with a demonstrated track record
- enhanced probity standards through third-party assessment and selection of suppliers.
- a significant reduction in red tape and cost in doing business with government
- the removal of the management fee previously levied on suppliers
- simplified scheme terms and conditions
- a self-service, online application process
- apply for business opportunities by regions and categories, where available.