The practice of performance management ensures that project managers, consultants and contractors engaged for NSW Government construction contracts have appropriate expertise and capabilities.
The performance of project managers, consultants and contractors is monitored for each contract, and the results of performance monitoring are linked to the selection for future tendering opportunities. Poor or inconsistent performance results in limiting opportunities for service providers, and good or consistent performance results in extending opportunities. This provides an incentive for service providers to continue improving their performance.
A Stakeholder Performance Review and Reporting system systematically captures and monitors the satisfaction of major stakeholders with project and relationship outcomes following the completion of construction projects.
Key stakeholders have the opportunity to report on a range of performance criteria, for all contracts valued at $1 million or more. This facilitates the development of improved project procurement implementation by identifying opportunities for improving future project relationships and management practice.
Completed reports should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Download the contractor performance report (DOC, 333 KB)
- Download the consultant performance report (DOCX, 58 KB)
- Download the project manager performance report (DOC, 301 KB)
- Download the performance management practice guide (DOCX, 163 KB)
- A Invitation to comment on performance report
- B Notice that limited aspects of performance have been reported as unsatisfactory
- C Notice that several and/or critical aspects of performance have been reported as unsatisfactory
- D Notice that performance may warrant the application of a sanction
- E Notice that business relationship with the department may warrant the application of a sanction
- F Notice of decision by panel of assessors
- G Notice informing the liquidator / receiver manager/ administrator of the placement of the contractor or consultant on the review list